- we couldn’t get any food at the stadium after standing in line for 40 minutes
- we didn’t return from our epic bus trip until 3:30 am and Lauren was forced to eat the pasta that had been sitting, unrefrigerated, in our room for 30 hours
I think that we ate quite well on our trip to South Africa.
I didn’t do any research on restaurants prior to our arrival and, unfortunately, we were somewhat limited to those three popular areas where we often spent our evenings. But that’s okay: we ate, we ate well and it wasn’t like the point of our trip was to sample all of the variety of fine dining that South Africa had to offer.
Nelson Mandela Square
- Pappas on the Square (dinner)
- Ghirardellis (dinner)
- Trumps International Grillhouse (dinner)
- Caffe Della Salute (lunch)
- Ocean Basket (lunch)
- Europa (lunch)
- Bulldogs Pub and Grub (dinner)
- Nino’s (dinner)
- Vanilla (for gelato)